Business affected by Level 2 and Level 3 restrictions:
If your ability to operate has been impacted by these restrictions, you are eligible to claim:
|Item||Resurgence Payment 1||Resurgence Payment 2||Wages subsidy|
|Applications open||Open now||8 March||4 March|
|Applications close||22 March||One month after return to L1||21 March|
|Revenue decline of at least||30%||30%||40%|
|How much?||$1,500 plus $400 per employee||$1,500 plus $400 per employee||$585.80 per full time employee
$350 per part time employee
Each fortnight the Level 3 restrictions apply
|How to apply||MyIR||MyIR||Work & Income website|
A business meeting the necessary criteria can apply for all the packages; there is no need to pick and choose.
Contact us for more information about other payments which are available if you or an employee are:
- required to isolate at home due to COVID or awaiting a test result
- are the caregiver for someone who has to isolate at home
End of the financial year:
With the end of the financial year looming, some quick reminders:
- The one-year ability to write off the assets costing less than $5,000 ends on 16 March.
- Write off any bad debts before 31 March.
- Although the COVID payments are not technically assessable to your business, the expenses they cover are not tax-deductible, so your profit and tax situation are impacted by the receipt of these funds
- Let us know if you have any concerns about tax payments
We are building a register of clients whose businesses are not able to operate under Level 3 or 4. If you fall into that category, and we have not been in contact with you, please let Angela at our office know, so that we can get information and assistance to you as it becomes available.